Wednesday, June 28, 2006

They just don't get it, do they?

It was a Thursday evening and I was at my gym. Being early in the evening, there were harldy any people working out... Even my friend who is a trainer there wasn't in. So I boringly completed my sets and as I was walking back to the changing room... I saw another trainer sitting alone at one corner... So i decided to have a little chat with him since he looked pretty friendly. So we were having casual conversations when somehow the topic of conversation changed to "feminine men". I was quite taken aback to hear what he had to say about men like that. The way he was talking about those kinda guys gave me the impression that he was cursing demonic creatures. Although I'm not feminine, I'm gay. So I was getting quite pissed hearing him. I told him that it wasn't really their fault as they are genetically made up like that. He kept on going about why can't all men act like masculine. He also had a lot of crap to say about how he disagrees on the recent approval of gay marriages in the UK. So I kept quite and just listened...didn't say much.

Later, this devious looking guy walks into the gym...apparently he was interested in finding out the rates. What so extraordinary about this character is that he had waist length hair, worn in dreadlocks that was tied in a pony tail. The trainer I was with suddenly broke into silent laughters while looking at that guy...loud enough for only both of us to hear. So I was like, "Come on, you're gonna make him feel bad". And he just shook his head, still laughing...

So I just said "Well, I got to go now. See you later" and then went into the changing room.

I mean, what is wrong with people (Malaysians especially) ? Why can't they just accept the variations of organisms of their own species. Do they actually expect everyone to be the same? Isn't that like so totally impossible? I mean homosexuality is just another form of love... As we all know that there are so many ways one can love someone. I don't intend on changing the views of the public on homosexuality but I do hope that people learn to accept their fellow family members and friends who aren't straight even if it does seem unnatural.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home