Sunday, August 20, 2006

Analysis of a Situation

Half an hour ago, I was watching game trailers and then my maid came in to tell something to my sister, and my sis asked me to check it out, so I did. It seems that all the goldfish except 1 is dead and floating upside down in the pond. So we don't know what the cause is. 1st thing to do is to clean the pond okay. The pond had excessive seaweed growth and a horde of ants floating on top of it at one side. We took out the plants and then removed the dead godfishes and put the one that is alive in a bucket. After cleaning the pond of all the seaweed, the pond was refilled with water and then the one goldfish was put back. Now it's filling up and I have made my a conclusion about how they died.

My 1st clue is because of the excessive seaweed growth, and my 2nd clue is the condition of the dead goldfish.

My 1st clue shows excessive seaweed growth. No running natural aquatic pond would have grown such an ammount of excessive seaweed. The only way for a pond to acquire such an ammount of seaweed growth is by having no oxygen input at all and by having an organism that converts oxygen to carbon dioxide(the goldfish). Why would this happen? The conversion of carbon dioxide to oxygen by the seaweed is far too little to support the oxygen use of the 4 goldfishes. Aquatic plants thrive in carbon dioxide and that is why the growth of the seaweed accelerated so much, because they had so much carbon dioxide to absorb. Note also that seaweed absorbs carbon dioxide in the night.

My 2nd clue is the condition of the dead goldfish. I checked the gills of the dead goldfish and the colour of the gills was dirty whitish with traces of pink. Fresh fish you find in the market will have red gills. The only way for a fish to have gills that are whitish is to have been dead for a long long time or to have died because of oxygen deficiency. In this case, they have only died for a short while yet they have white gills.

The 2 resons the goldfish could have died would be either because they were overfed or because they had lack of oxygen. Everything points to the lack of oxygen. The water wasnt circulating properly, the fish had white gills and the ammount of seaweed was excessive. These all point to show that there was too much carbon dioxide in the water.

And that is another genius reasoning in the queer world of the queer you know and love, Kevin.


TaintedAvery

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home